Power in Numbers is back! For one weekend only, the Gallery Nucleus will feature all traditional work in a 5 x 7 postcard format show. Featuring artwork from over 100 artists, this will be a fantastic way to acquire some original art! The show will be cash and carry, meaning each purchased piece will be immediately removed from the show to be taken home.
Starting now until August 9th, 2022, Gallery Nucleus will be accepting submissions for our annual open call show! Last year we had hundreds of entries, and we're hoping to get even bigger this year. Please read below for artist guidelines and submission rules.
Last year for our Power in Numbers 6 show, we featured over 350 pieces of art, a great majority from artists who participated in our open submissions process. This year we're pleased to accept open submission entries for Power in Numbers: 2022 as well. Show us what you've got!
Want to see the available pieces from last year's Power in Numbers? Take a look here!
- All artwork must be traditional media. Any digital media pieces will not be considered for submission unless they have been altered significantly by hand.
- Both international and domestic submissions will be accepted.
- There is no set theme, however all artwork must not feature any explicit sexual or violent imagery.
- Artwork must be in a 5" x 7" format. Both landscape and portrait formats are acceptable.
- Artists can submit up to 6 entries.
- Artwork must be on paper, or lightweight board that can be attached to the wall with acid-free museum putty. Anything thicker than 1/8th of an inch is not suitable for the show. If you plan on working with unconventional materials, please contact [email protected] to confirm your materials will be suitable for the show.
- for any questions regarding artwork guidelines, please contact [email protected] with the subject line "PIN questions."
SUBMISSION PROCESS - NOW CLOSED
- When your artwork is completed, scan the art and set the size to 1000 pixels in width at 72 dpi.
- email your entries to [email protected] with the subject line "Power in Numbers 2022 Submission". Be sure to include the title and medium of each piece.
- if you are submitting multiple entries, INCLUDE ALL ENTRIES WITHIN ONE EMAIL. If your images are too large to attach to one email, they are either the wrong size or they should be compiled into a PDF.
- Entries will be accepted until August 9th, 2022, at 11:59 PM PST. Make sure to submit your work on time!
- The gallery will then judge entries and email each artist with the results of their submission. Further instructions will be provided for artists that have submitted work within the show.
- For any questions concerning the submission process, please contact [email protected] with the subject line "PIN questions."
Gallery agreement and more details will be emailed to artists with approved pieces.
Gallery agreement will outline terms for exhibiting with us including required artwork info, etc.
Accepted artwork will be priced at $100.
Artists will receive 50% commission of their art sale.
The artwork will be placed on our gallery wall without frames and will also be made available on our website.
After the exhibition, unsold pieces can be picked up or shipped back to the artist, or the artist may choose to leave the pieces with Nucleus. Return shipping will be at the artists' expense.
The show will be on view beginning at 12 PM, but no sales will begin until 5pm. At 4:30 PM, the gallery will be cleared, and a line will be formed for entry beginning at 5 PM. No phone orders will be taken. Must be in-person.
Plan to arrive earlier than 5pm to line up if you plan on seeing everything in person - pieces will be removed from the wall as they are purchased - first come first serve.
60 people will be allowed to enter the gallery at a time to view and select pieces.
Free to the public, no RSVP needed
All pieces will have 2 labels identifying them by name. Peel off the right-hand label of the piece you wish to purchase. Do not remove the right-hand label unless you intend to purchase the piece.
Present the peeled label to the register to pay. All pieces will be $100 plus tax.
Pay with cash or card.
Once the purchase is final a gallery associate will remove the artwork from the wall for you.
The complete show will be available to view on our website starting September 5th at 5 PM PDT, and all unsold works from opening weekend will be available for purchase through the website.