Day of the Clockwork Bodhi Brain of the 5th Dimension: By Tatsuyuki Tanaka
October 1, 2022 - October 16, 2022
Opening Reception / Oct 1, 5:00PM - 8:00PM
7 days away
Acclaimed animator / illustrator Tatsuyuki Tanaka will have new original sketches, drawings, and color illustrations available for the first time! As someone who now works primarily digitally this rare collection of drawings were created solely for this exhibition and to be featured in his future publication of "Cannabis Works 3."
Nucleus and ACALI proudly presents this exhibition of a surreal narrative sci-fi odyssey aptly titled:
Day of the Clockwork Bodhi Brain of the 5th Dimension
- from October 1 to October 16, 2022
- FREE admission, No RSVP needed
OPENING RECEPTION (Saturday, October 1, 5pm - 8pm)
- FREE admission, No RSVP needed
- New limited edition prints and shirts TBA
- Tatsuyuki Tanaka will be in attendance on opening night for meet and greet and signing!
- For the signing: any and all outside items brought to the signing will require a $10 signing fee. Shikishi boards will not be allowed.
ILLUSTRATION WORKSHOP (Saturday, October 1, 12pm - 4pm)
- $120 per student. In person and virtual student tickets available below.
- Taught by Mr. Tanaka, this 4 hour workshop will feature a live demo.
- Students will get to see his process of creating an illustration.
- Students will be able to ask Mr. Tanaka questions directly with the aid of a live translator (Satoshi Musou).
- All workshop attendees will receive access to the recording for 1 year.
- All sales are final.
- Virtual students will be given zoom access upon purchase of the workshop ticket below.
- In person students only need to show proof of id upon entry for check in.
Win a signed limited edition print of your choice! To enter:
- 1 . Follow us @gallerynucleus on Twitter or Instagram
- 2. Re-share the giveaway post on either platform.
- 3. For an extra entry, tag a friend in the comments! 3 winners will be announced October 4th on our Instagram and Twitter,
ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
アヨハタ市(AYOHATA City)で200年以上続く奇祭「思考機械大興祭(DAY OF THE CLOCKWORK BODHI BRAIN)」。
年に一度、人々は各家庭伝来の「変換機」を身に纏い、太古に五次元時空に置かれたと言われる「思考機械(CLOCKWORK BODHI BRAIN)」へのアクセスを試みる。それがこの世界を「思考し続けている」事を讃え、日々の感謝を捧げる。
ABOUT TATSUYUKI TANAKA
Tatsuyuki Tanaka is an animation director and illustrator based in Japan. He started his carrier at Telecom Animation Film as an animator, and then later became a freelance artist. In addition to animation and illustration, Tanaka has been active in wide range of fields such as film, commercials, comics, character designs and music videos. He has been teaching at Kyoto Seika University since 2017.
- Film “AKIRA” Key animation
- TV series “Nadia, The Secret of Blue Water” Image board
- OVA “Green Legend Ran” Image board, key animation
- Game “Linda Cube (Linda³)” Character design
- Film”GANTZ” Weaponry design
- Film “Genius Party Beyond: Toujin Kit” Director
- Film “SHORT PEACE: A Farewell to Weapons” Character design
- Film “BLADE RUNNER: BLACK OUT 2022” Key animation
- CM “NIKE- LEBRON JAMES IN CHAMBER OF FEAR” Director
- Music video “Utada - FLUXIMATION - #12 Wonder 'Bout ” Director
- Music video “Rashad Haughton - Love Like Aliens” Image board
- Music video “Akai Ko-en - Koshin” Director
- Art book “CANNABIS WORKS”
- Art book “CANNABIS WORKS 2”
- Book “ANI MAN LLUST 〜How to draw animation, comics and illustration〜”
This exhibit is not yet available for online viewing. If you'd like to be added to the exclusive preview list, have questions about this show, or would like to be notified about specific artists, just click SIGN UP and fill out the form below.
*Our Patreon members get access to the preview an hour or two prior to all other previewers. Go HERE to support us on Patreon.
Early Online Access
210 East Main St
Alhambra CA 91801 (Map)
TUES - SUN: 12pm to 8pm
2916 NE Alberta Street
Portland OR, 97211