Character Design and Development w/ Teddy Newton
August 8, 2020
Aug 8, 1:00PM - 6:00PM
Teddy Newton has contributed his unique humor, design sense, and storytelling prowess to such films as Iron Giant and Incredibles 2. This is a rare opportunity to learn from an industry legend in the comfort of your own home.
- $120 (5 hour online workshop 1pm - 6pm PST)
- Zoom class sign in details will be emailed to students by Friday 8/7/20
- Students will have access to a recording of the class for one year
SYLLABUS / SCHEDULE
- Teddy will discuss character design and developing characters within story.
- He will also go over a bit on design theory and principles
- Teddy will be doing a demo.
- He will pitch a scene and break it down.
- Students are encouraged to ask questions during the workshop
FILMOGRAPHY OF TEDDY NEWTON
- Day and Night (writer, director)
- Jack-Jack Attack (writer)
- The Iron Giant (storyboards, character design, visual development)
- The Incredibles (character designer)
- Ratatouille (character design, end title design)
- Up (development artist)
- Incredibles 2 (title and end credit design, art consultant)
Teddy has also been a voice actor on several Pixar films, shorts, and games.