Order by December 14 for DOMESTIC US / Order by December 4 for INTERNATIONAL
Ravenous Delights: Junko Mizuno's Food Obsession 3
October 24, 2020 - November 15, 2020
Opening Reception / Oct 24, 6:00PM - 9:00PM
On display in the gallery October 24 - November 8, 2020
OPENING RECEPTION (Saturday October 24)
- 6:00PM - 8:00PM PST (In gallery and virtual Art Unveiling with Junko)
- 6:00PM - 7:00PM we will be unveiling one piece of art at a time (in the gallery) as Junko talks about their significance and meaning (remotely via zoom)
- 7:00PM - 8:00PM Q and A / virtual hangout.
- To see the exhibition from home via zoom on opening night: Sign up for the online PREVIEW or purchase any of the Junko Mizuno related merchandise from the links below from now till 11:59pm October 23.
- To see the exhibition in person on opening night: FREE RSVP HERE. (Zoom session w/ Junko will also be projected in the gallery so in person attendees won't miss a thing.)
- 9:00PM PST gallery closes
OPENING RECEPTION PURCHASING INSTRUCTIONS
- Each piece hung on the wall will be covered.
- At 6:00pm Junko will begin talking about one piece at a time.
- Before each piece is discussed the cloth will be removed to reveal the painting and an image of the piece will be shown on zoom.
- While the piece is discussed guests attending the event in person will have priority to purchase the piece.
- After Junko finishes speaking about the piece, it will then be made live and available for purchase directly from the PREVIEW PAGE, if it has not been sold in store first. Fans tuning in on zoom will be notified of when to refresh the PREVIEW PAGE to see the newly revealed work.
- You must sign up for the PREVIEW using the form below in order to access the PREVIEW PAGE.
- This process will repeat until all pieces in the show are unveiled.
*Art purchases are first come first serve.
*People attending the in person gallery reception will have a slight head start in purchasing the pieces.
Due to the request of the artist, those who requested an online preview will instead get the zoom link for the virtual art unveiling.
EXCLUSIVE ITEMS (available opening night)
- New Prints
- New Tote bag
- See others below in the Event Exclusives section
ABOUT JUNKO MIZUNO
Having grown up in Tokyo, Junko Mizuno is a self-taught artist recognized for her unique visual iconography of powerful and often sexy women.
Although her art refuses to be categorized, much of it is based on Japanese pop culture from '70s and '80s with the sources of her inspiration stemming from fetish art, folk art, religious art, psychedelic art, pin-up art, advertising art, vintage toys, fashion, comic, food, nature, movies, TV shows, video games… almost everything that surrounds her. Currently residing in San Francisco, she is constantly working on new comics, paintings, illustrations, and product designs ranging from toy figures to T-shirts. Her work has been featured in stores, museums, and fine art galleries around the world.
Motivated by the pure pleasure of creating art, she celebrates the power of women and creates a universe of them, full of energy, both positive and negative.http://www.mizuno-junko.com/
Some artwork may be paid for in installments. Please for details.
210 East Main St
Alhambra CA 91801 (Map)
TUES - SUN: 12pm to 8pm
1445 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland OR, 97214