Vis Dev & Background Design for Animation w/ Elle Michalka
August 29, 2020
Aug 29, 1:00PM - 6:00PM
18 days away
Elle Michalka has worked as an art director on Steven Universe and a visual development artist Midnight Gospel, She-Ra, Gravity Falls, Duck Tales, Green Lantern, and more.
Her unique design sense and aesthetic has made her a versatile sought after artist. This workshop will be very informative for those interested in learning theory and practical techniques for visual development in animation and beyond.
- $120 (5 hour online workshop 1pm - 6pm PST)
- Zoom class sign in details will be emailed to registered students about 2 days prior to class.
- Registered students will have access to a recording of the class for a limited time.
SYLLABUS / SCHEDULE
- 1:00PM - 3:00PM: career overview, design theory, work examples
- 3:00PM - 3:15PM: break
- 3:15PM - 6:00PM: photoshop demo, Q & A
ABOUT ELLE MICHALKA
See more of her work HERE
Originally from Texas, Elle began producing animations after she attended the California Institute of Arts.
Elle has been nominated for two Annie awards in Outstanding Achievement in Production Design, one in 2014 for the Steven Universe episode "Gem Glow" and another in 2015 for the Powerpuff Girls episode, "Dance Pantsed".