"Color and Composition" Workshop with Nathan Fowkes
November 2, 2019
Nov 2, 12:00PM - 4:00PM
Color and Composition to Improve Your Art!
On November 2nd from 1 pm - 5 pm, the multifaceted and masterful painter Nathan Fowkes will be giving an in depth presentation and live painting demonstration for a limited amount of attendees. The presentaton and demonstration will cover essential fundamentals for artists from all walks of life, and draw extensively from his newly published book: How to Paint Landscapes Quickly and Beautifully in Watercolor and Gouache.
*Be sure to also check out Nathan's solo exhibition from November 2 - November 17 (Opening Reception Nov 2nd, 6 - 9pm)
- Saturday November 2 (1pm - 5pm)
- $100 Admission Fee
- Seats are limited
- bring your own note taking supplies (note/sketchbook, laptop, tablet, etc)
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
This workshop will give artists and art students the knowledge to use color and composition to create compelling visual art of any kind. It will take you through the practical application of:
- Organizing the complexities of color into engaging harmonies.
- Choosing color palettes that create a full variety of moods.
- Staging images through the design of light.
- The fundamentals of effective picture making through composition.
- How to find artistry and a clear read within challenging subject matter.
- Strategies for solving compositional problems quickly and effectively.
- Demonstration: painting a scene in watercolor and gouache.
A sneak peek: