Japanese wood block prints are a historical art form, combine it subtly with some of the most iconic Nintendo characters and you have a poetic and beautiful amalgamation of visual and pop cultures.
Meet the artist Jed Henry as he will be visiting the gallery from Utah to exhibit some of his latest Ukiyo-e illustrations!
* All Ukiyo-e Hero artwork exhibited will be available as prints for sale.
* Only available to attendees, encounter the real thing – actual woodblock prints of the 'Rickshaw Cart' design will be on sale. (shown below) Very limited stock will be available so be among the first to purchase and take home this signed and sealed work of art hand carved and printed in Japan, by master craftsman David Bull.
* See how woodblock printmaking was done hundreds of years ago. Shot on site in Tokyo, our video documentary will show you the step-by-step process.
* Hear special soundtrack of Nintendo music themes played in traditional Japanese style instruments and styles.
* Come in nintendo/traditional japanese attire and enter our costume contest. (4 winners total! 3 winners will win a free ukiyo-e giclee print of their choice. and one grand prize winner will receive a free woodblock print plus a giclee of their choice and $20 nucleus gift card)
* Refreshments and snacks served.
* Admission is FREE!
Some artwork may be paid for in installments. Please for details.