The Last Course: Junko Mizuno's Food Obsession 4
September 10, 2022 - September 24, 2022
Sep 10, 5:00PM - 8:00PM
On display September 10 - 24, 2022
OPENING RECEPTION: FREE Admission (Saturday September 10, 6:30pm - 8:00pm PST)
- Free admission, No RSVP needed
- Junko will be in attendance to mingle with guests
PRIVATE CATERED RECEPTION: Ticketed Admission (Saturday September 10, 5:00pm - 6:30pm PST)
- Semi formal attire required
- Guests must arrive by 4:45 pm
- Ticket holders only
- Ticket sales end September 4th
- $70 per ticket.
- Paintings will be revealed one by one in conjunction to special themed appetizers
- Junko Mizuno will be sharing a drink and talking a bit about each piece as it is revealed
- Ticket includes, admission, 7 course individual sized appetizers with free wine, 1 sticker, 1 postcard, and 1 raffle ticket to win 1 of 4 special prizes!
- Ticket also includes vip early online preview access on Sept 9th (same time as our Patreon members)
- Tickets available at the bottom of this page
- Baby Gems w/ seaweed flakes, sesame seeds, scallions and cilantro, Yuzu Olive Oil Dressing
- Rolled Chicken Cordon Bleu w/ Dijon Cream Sauce
- Watermelon Gazpacho w/ heirloom tomato, cucumber, sweet bell peppers, mint, basil, garlic, sherry vinegar, garnished w/shrimp.
- Beef Slices Torched w/ Yuzu Shallot Dressing and Microgreens
- Rice onigiri with tuna and Ume Goma Shio
- Champagne Gummy Bears w/ star and heart foil
- Apple Crumble Pie
* Photos are for reference only. May be plated differently and served in individual sized portions.
- There will not be an early preview signup on our website or in person
- An early online preview will only be available to Patreon members for this exhibition
- The Patreon early online preview will go out September 9th at around 7pm PST
- Patreon previewers will have first chance to purchase the artwork
- Available to attendees at the opening reception Sept 10
- Available online Sept 11 (while supplies last)
Stemless Wine Glass $20
Embroidered Handkerchief $25
ABOUT JUNKO MIZUNO
Having grown up in Tokyo, Junko Mizuno is a self-taught artist recognized for her unique visual iconography of powerful and often sexy women.
Although her art refuses to be categorized, much of it is based on Japanese pop culture from '70s and '80s with the sources of her inspiration stemming from fetish art, folk art, religious art, psychedelic art, pin-up art, advertising art, vintage toys, fashion, comic, food, nature, movies, TV shows, video games… almost everything that surrounds her. Currently residing in San Francisco, she is constantly working on new comics, paintings, illustrations, and product designs ranging from toy figures to T-shirts. Her work has been featured in stores, museums, and fine art galleries around the world.
Motivated by the pure pleasure of creating art, she celebrates the power of women and creates a universe of them, full of energy, both positive and negative.http://www.mizuno-junko.com/
Some artwork may be paid for in installments. Please for details.